Descriptions of Each Advanced Camp
Students build with metallic structural components, learn to assemble using tools such as screwdrivers and wrenches, collect and utilize data with analog & digital sensors, connect everything together with wiring, and program their creations in an introductory format of C code – RobotC. Students will build an experimental panel of their own design to practice their RobotC skills. Then, students will build the ClawBot - a large robot that features a chassis, sensors, and a programmable claw.
This camp is perfect for students that are moving up from "Discover" level camps from last year or for students middle school students that have attended sessions at STEM Center - Claremont.
Take your programming skills to the next level by learning to create your own functions to make your code more efficient. Optimize your builds with encoders on DC motors and design your own complete robot from the ground up.
This camp is designed to prepare students for the upcoming VEX Robotics Competition season, which runs from July - January. To prepare students, camp participants will:
- Review the 2019 VEX game challenge
- Design and build a robot that can accomplish certain tasks
- Efficiently code the robot in RobotC
- Work in groups of 2-3 to simulate working in a real team environment
Circuits run the world - literally! Understanding the flow of electricity, current, and resistance is essential to circuits and technology. In this camp, students will:
- Be introduced to the breadboard
- Learn basic electronic components
- Light up an LED
- Determine the size of resistors based on color-bands
- Program in Arduino C
- Create a final project
This is a great introductory camp for students interested in taking Unity, Arduino, or Raspberry Pi camps.
Join our Makers Workshop to learn how to use tools, make DIY crafty robots, and create your own custom inventions. This camp explores everything from Computer Aided Design (CAD) to wearable electronics & design. Projects include 3D printed keychains, game designs, laser cutting, and unique final projects. We highly recommend this high-energy, project-oriented class for anyone interested in exploring the world of STEM and inventions!
- 3D Modeling & Laser Cutting - DIY your own items by 3D modeling and printing them, or using the laser cutter
- Hammer & Nail Art - learn how to use tools in a safe environment and then take home your own wood & art creations
- Wearable Design & Fashion - design your own light-up clothes by using conductive thread, LEDs, and sensors
- Coding & Game Design - code your own game that features a strong role model
Build your own robot from ground-up, program it in Arduino, and then have the option of taking it home! The ArdiBot is a comprehensive robotics learning platform based on Arduino technology. The kit includes everything you need to get started. It comes with a power management board and a uniquely designed breakout board. Coding experience is enhanced by the board’s push-button and potentiometer. The ArdiBot enables beginners to learn programming without complicated wiring. It also lets intermediate and advanced users develop their own circuits through the breadboard.
Students will work individually in this camp as they build, assemble, and code the ArdiBot. Upon completing the course, students have the option to take home their robot for an additional $25. This allows students to continue their learning process at home!